Monday, November 26, 2012

Still Thankful

I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone! I drove up to TN to spend some time with my family, and Adam made the trip with me. It was a full house with my mom, dad, sister, Adam, me, and three dogs, but I wouldn't have it any other way (unless I could have figured out how to bring Kwik along too). We did a lot of relaxing and eating, a bit of shopping, and of course, watched the Georgia Bulldogs wreck Tech on Saturday. It was the perfect celebration for a year full of things to be thankful for!

  • I am extremely thankful for my family. Mom and Dad are the reason I have had so many incredible opportunities in both my personal and professional lives. I am eternally grateful for their support!
  • I am so thankful to have a boyfriend like Adam. No one can make me laugh quite like he can. He doesn't understand why I love spending all of my time and money on this "horse thing," but he knows it makes me happy so he's jumping on the bandwagon.
  • My sister Emily is my best friend. I can always count on her to be in my corner, and she is my constant reminder that life is beautiful.
  • Kwik. This horse came into my life when I needed him the most. I was terrified of my current horse, and I was starting to question if I really liked doing any of this at all. He's still green and has naughty moments from time to time, but he's my Huckleberry Friend. I'm so excited to see where 2013 takes us.
  • My amazing friends. There is nothing like sitting around the table with some beers and laughing about old times.
  • My pups. Yoshi and Harpo always put a smile on my face.

It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, but this list is my reminder of the reason for the season. I hope everyone had a happy happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)