Monday, March 18, 2013

No More Staples!

Kwik got his staples out this morning! Dr. P decided to sedate him since he had so many (12), and everything went really well. The best part: I can start riding him! Dr. P says he can immediately get started back into work. We'll take things slowly with some light work in the roundpen, walking under saddle, and maybe a little trot for the first couple of days to see how he feels, and then we'll gradually work back to our program. After the sedative wore off, I turned him out with his good buddy Skye, and Kwik rejoiced in his new found freedom. I got some video:




By the looks of things, I don't think it will be long at all until we're back in business!

Love that pony face!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! He looks thrilled to be out. Hope getting back into work goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to have a lot of horse on my hands! He's feeling GOOD!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! I know you're relieved to be through that!

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)