Monday, January 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I'm happy to report that the move went off without a hitch on Saturday. Kwik walked right onto the trailer, traveled well, and walked right off- no problems. The barn owner, L, led us to his temporary paddock (no friends just yet), and he walked right in, sniffed the water trough, took a bite of hay, and proceeded to roll- both sides!

I went out on Sunday planning to work Kwik in the round pen and then have a short flat school in the arena. As I was finishing up in the round pen, 3 of the gals were headed out onto the trails, and they asked if I wanted to join them. We rode for about an hour, and Kwik walked right over the bridges and through the water crossings like he had been there a million times, and we had a great time getting to know some of the boarders and their horses. I've got another trail ride scheduled for Saturday afternoon and a dressage lesson with P on Sunday morning. So far, I'm absolutely loving our new home, and I'm pretty sure Kwik does too!



New Friends!




3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great transition, and a trail ride as well!! sounds like you have found a very nice spot. We will be bringing our horse home in 3 weeks I can't wait. I have been wondering how he will transition as well ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Glad the move went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We're loving our new home!

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)