Sunday, January 6, 2013

And the move went...

Actually it didn't go at all. I got a call a few days before I was scheduled to move Kwikster, and the BO told me there is a respiratory infection going around the barn. We decided it would be better to wait until the infection cleared out to move Kwik. In the meantime, H moved the horses over to her new barn, and Kwik went along to wait out the snotty noses. I'm not going to lie, I was so bummed! I was excited and anxious to make the move after the holiday, get settled, and get back to work. Oh well, waiting two more weeks is definitely better than exposing Kwik, and I'm so grateful to H for letting us hang around for the time being.

I spent the last week sick in bed and the previous week in Tennessee for Christmas with the family, so yesterday was the first time in two weeks I got to see my boy. I couldn't wait to give him his Christmas presents! I decided to wait on the Danzig Bros halter because Kwik desperately needed a new barn halter. He has a head that is hard to fit- too big for a full size, not quite big enough to fill out an oversize. I found a nice Duratec padded nylon halter from Schneider's on super sale, and I ordered a nice nameplate for it. I was really impressed with the halter, and the nameplate looks great! It's a bit big on him, but I think it will be better than constantly fighting with the smaller size. He also got a new turnout sheet. I decided on the Amigo 600D Hero Lite in Excalibur/Gunmetal/Aqua. He will only have one turnout buddy when we move, so hopefully the 600D will hold up. I think the 81 is a little big on him too, but I was worried the 78 would be too small.

My head is so big because my brain is so big.


No more dress up. Time for peppermints.
Our new temporary digs are very nice, but things are still in progress. Everyone's been so busy getting the new barn up and running that I don't think there has been much riding going on. We don't have an arena yet, and I'm not big on trail riding alone, so we may just do a lot of hand walking, grooming, and lunging until we move. Sigh... maybe I'll work on my photography skills in the meantime- these pics are awful!

2 comments:

  1. Love the blanket. Hope the moves goes well when it actually happens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm enjoying your blog- love all the pics!

      Delete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)