Monday, April 8, 2013

Return of the Good Kwik

My ride Saturday was just awesome. For starters, it was an absolutely georgous day. Adam and I got up and walked the mile to downtown Decatur for some coffee, and then I headed straight for the barn. Ann was giving another XC mini clinic, so I planned to ride first, and then walk to the course to take some photos for the riders.

My pony turned around and happily walked straight to me when I went to get him out of the pasture, and we tacked up and headed to the arena. I think he could sense my determination to have a great ride- he didn't put one toe out of line! We did a long walk warm up, and then I asked for the trot. He gave me the most lovely trot- energetic but relaxed and steady. Afer a few laps to make sure this wasn't a fake out, I let the reins slide through my fingers and he stretched out and continuted in the same steady rhythm on a long rein. Good Boy! I wanted to be done since this had gone so well, but I wasn't ready to get off- it was just so pretty out! So, we went on a trail ride. All by ourselves. It was just a little short one up past the pastures and back, but he was great, and we didn't have any problems. Good Boy! When we got back to the barn, I hosed him off, and he was such a goof- sticking his face in the hose, making silly faces, etc. I just have some mad Kwik love right now ;)

I hiked up to the XC course to watch the last session and to take some photos. I absolutely cannot wait until we're ready to do something like this- it looked like so much fun! I'm going to have a private lesson with Ann sometime this week and then again this weekend. Here's hoping the good Kwik is here to stay.





2 comments:

  1. Good boy Kwik! Maybe spring brings out his best qualities? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good boy! Glad you had a nice ride!

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)