Monday, April 22, 2013

Riding Ninja Photo Shoot

I couldn't wait to get out to the barn on Saturday. J and I planned to meet for a short dressage school/trail ride, and I wore my brand new Riding Ninja half-zip (soooo cute and super comfy!) hoodie hoping I could bribe her into taking some photos. J's mom ended up tagging along for the day and brought her fancy camera and, voila- Riding Ninja photo shoot! Thanks again to SB and the lovely ladies at Riding Ninja!










It was a beautiful day, and our trail ride went pretty well. J's OTTB mare Sierra is a trail rockstar so we couldn't have gone out with a better pair. Kwik was great until he saw a horse trailer parked at the other end of the big hay field. He wasn't bad, but he definitely kept one eye in that direction afterwards, so I decided to hop down and lead him the rest of the way home (mostly because I couldn't find a good place to get back on). We did a short dressage school when we got back to the barn, including some right lead canter (Hah! I love how this is such a big deal!) and ended with the short loop Dogwood trail. 

I had my first saddle fitting on Sunday. I'm happy to report that both my Wintec AP and Wintec Pro Dressage saddles fit to Dena's satisfaction and can get us through until I can purchase something else. She wanted to experiment with a M/W blue gullet in my dressage saddle but didn't have one on hand. I may try to find one and give it a try to see what that does for us. I think the plan will be to replace my jump saddle first, but that's a post for another day.

A came by to meet Kwik after we were done with the saddle fitter, and she hopped on for a short ride. I'm so excited she's going to be working with Kwik on Fridays! She's got some great ideas to help him along and was totally on board when I mentioned more trail experience and incorporating flat work in open fields as goals. I'm definitely looking forward to Friday's report card :)

3 comments:

  1. I have right lead anxiety too... Glad you had a nice ride. and your half zip is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!! I'm going to steal one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo Congrats again on winning that contest!

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)