Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Big Thanks to Hillary!

Just wanted to say a big "THANK YOU!" to Hillary at Equestrian at Hart for giving me my first ever blog award- the Liebster Blog Award. I'm so excited!!

Kwik and I accept! :)





HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts
  1. I'm a Navy brat. I was born in Duluth, MN and I've lived in Rhode Island, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, and now Georgia.
  2. My sister Emily and I used to fight all the time when we were young. Now we're best friends.
  3. I have a weird phobia of dairy foods. I'll eat cheese and ice cream, but that's about it.
  4. I'm terrified of deep water. To get over this, my best friend has decided I should get my scuba liscense. We'll see about that.
  5. Sometimes I get to travel to amazing places for work. My two most recent trips were to Panama and Mozambique.
  6. I get restless. I'm playing with the idea of moving to Colorado.
  7. I'm allergic to bee stings.
  8. I'm terrible at video games. Just terrible.
  9. I have a black thumb. Even my mint looks terrible- isn't that supposed to grow like a weed?!
  10. I love fantasy books.
  11. I just met Khaled Hosseini at a book signing!
Questions from Hillary:
  1. Favorite gait? Normally the canter. Not so much right now. We'll see what those hock injections do!
  2. Favorite breed of horse? Thoroughbred!
  3. Favorite famous racehorse? Yikes, I just don't know.
  4. Favorite tackshop? SmartPak
  5. Favorite tack brand? Hmmm, I have such a mismash of stuff right now. Honestly, I love my Wintec saddles!
  6. If you could be anyone for a day who would you want to be? Maybe Kaley Cuoco. An actress and an equestrian? Sounds good to me!
  7. Discipline you would like to try? I'd like to work cattle.
  8. Thing that you are most afraid of? Deep water.
  9. Favorite TV show? Don't laugh... Vampire Diaries.
  10. Biggest barn pet peeve? Unnecessary horse clothing.
  11. If given an unlimited budget and 1 month to travel where would you go? Europe!
Questions for My Nominees:

1. What's the name of your heart horse?
2. Half chaps or tall boots?
3. Favorite vacation spot?
4. How long have you been riding?
5. Do you have any other pets?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. What is your favorite movie?
8. What's the one thing your horse does that irritates the heck out of you?
9. Do you like to cook?
10. What will your next big horsey purchase be?
11. What song are you embarassed to admit you love?

And for the 11 Blogs:
I may have repeated a few nominations...

1. Stacey- The Jumping Percheron; Stacey's blog about her "Odd Couple" is fantastic. She is a conditioning pro, and her two gals are amazing!
2. Lauren- My Life with Charlie; I love following Lauren's adventures with Charlie- reminds me of my adventures with Kwik.
3. sega61- Horse Country Chic; great blog with lots of equestrian style!
4. Andrea- Project Runaway; Andrea is a phenomenal horsewoman. I learn something new every time I read her blog.
5. Stephanie- Hand Gallop; Stephanie and I grew up in the same area!
6. TBA- TBA; TBA does a little bit of everything with her three gals.
7. jenj- Wyvern Oaks; great blog about owning a farm and retraining an OTTB.
8. Amy- A Work in Progress; I love reading about Amy's adventures with her kids and their two horses.
9. T Myers- A Filly's Best Friend; Tori just got a new horse! Can't wait to see what's next for these two!
10. Alana- Pony Express; wonderful blog with great pictures!
11. Lauren- She Moved to Texas; just hilarous! I laugh every time Lauren posts. 



2 comments:

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)