Thursday, June 20, 2013

Guess Who's Coming to the Barn!

Any guesses? Okay, I'll tell you! Becky Holder is hauling some horses out to my farm this afternoon to school cross country and to teach a few lessons. Holy cow! Unfortunately I have meetings and such all day at work, otherwise I'd fake being sick faster than you could say "Becky." Sigh... guess I won't get to creep afterall. Here's hoping everyone has a good ride!

Speaking of good rides, I had one yesterday. It was the first ride back after Kwik's hock injections and new shoes (the weather has so not been cooperative), and although we walked the majority of the time, I did notice some positive changes. Walking into the barn from the pasture, Kwik usually avoids the gravel walkway like the plague, but this time he walked on it comfortably. Same thing walking back to the barn from our cool down trail ride. He also immediately felt more comfortable at the walk. He was eager to march forward, and I think we had some really nice walk work yesterday as a result. I did trot him a bit in each direction just to see how he felt. He was definitely a little stiff/sore tracking right, but he felt pretty good tracking left. We'll increase our ride time to 45 minutes tonight with a little more trot work if he feels okay. So far, so good!

Still wish I could meet Becky...

2 comments:

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)