Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm Alive!

Whew! It's been a whirlwind week and a half. I drove up to Knoxville to see my little sister, Emily, graduate from nursing school last Tuesday and made it home in time to work a half day on Thursday. I desperately needed the weekend to get my life (and house) back together so I didn't get any pony time then either. I did manage to get Kwik's teeth done last Wednesday. I called Dr. P on my drive home on Thursday to see how everything went, and he had some pretty crazy hooks on his 2nd premolars (apparently as long as a thumbnail-eeek!) and a small ulcer on his left side. She said it looked like he hadn't been done in about two years. Poor Kwik- what a stoic boy!


Happy Graduation Em!
Celebratory dinner!

Emily is in town for her week of interviews, and the Tuesday event went so well she got called back for another interview next week! More fun sister time! I love entertaining, but I was DYING to see my pony so we headed out for a visit on Tuesday. It was a beautiful evening, and the horses were happily munching grass in the pastures since the farm switched to night turnout. Kwik genuinely looked happy to see me, and to my surprise, was CLEAN and shiny! Maybe he knew I was coming? I'm definitely starting to trust him more because I tacked up and hopped on without longeing first- I was just too eager to go for a spin. Kwik was super attentive and game for whatever I asked. We trotted around some and then cantered- both directions, getting the correct lead each time! I wasn't too concerned about where his head was since this ride was more about just getting moving again after a week off, and he did a wonderful job maintaining a steady, relaxed rhythm. I guess we did learn something in April! Em even took some video which, although slightly embarrassing to share, was extremely helpful.







I really need to focus on keeping my leg at the girth and not allowing it to creep back and my ARMS. Goodness, my arms. Maybe I should super glue them to my sides. I'll work on it, and it will get better, but I love how Kwik just lets me flop around up there and continues on like the gentleman he is. Best green bean OTTB a girl could ever ask for!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like he has such a great mind and looks very cute when he gets moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really is beautiful, and I can't wait to meet him some day!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)