Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Q&A

Our lesson with Ann went reeaaaaalllly well, and we jumped! Emily got some video, so once I get that uploaded I'll share it. In the meantime I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and aswer the Q&A from Viva Carlos. Here we go!

1: A time you've been scared for your life on horseback.
Umm... all the time? Kidding, but I really am a timid rider. It's getting better though!

2: There's a huge party at your friends house or you could have a lesson on the same night, which do you go to?
I'm all about making it work. I'd probably go to my lesson, haul a** home, shower, and hurry over to the party, wet hair and all.

3: Favorite markings a horse can have.
I think palaminos are lovely.

4: Would you rather deal with bolting, rearing or bucking?
None. If I HAD to choose one- bucking.

5: Agree or disagree; To have good eq means to be a good rider?
Disagree. Ditto L. Williams. I believe you can be an effective rider with not so perfect eq and vice versa.

6: If you could try any discipline on any horse for 1 day, what discipline and what horse?
Barrel Racing!

7: 3 horses you'd want to ride/meet the most?
North Forks Cardi
Ravel
Secretariat

8: On a scale of 1-10 how good would you say your seat is?
4

9: One of your goals for the next year, horse-wise.
Become a more confident rider, take Kwik to his first dressage schooling show/CT

10: Would you rather teach lessons or train horses?
For now, train horses.

11: Have you ever given a lesson for money?
No.

12: If you were a trainer, would you want to train little kids, pre-teens, teens or adults?
Little kids or adults

13: Have you ever ridden someone's horse for money?
No.

14: If given the opportunity, would you exercise track horses?
No way, no how. Ask me again in 2 years.

15: On a scale of 1-10 what is your confidence like in the saddle?
Honestly, a 3 at this point. I had a pretty scary incident with another horse last year, and my confidence was completely shattered. Kwik, bless his heart, is doing wonders rebuilding it little by little each ride.

16: 3 things you need to work on, riding-wise?
Arms/elbows, leg

17: 3 things your horse needs to work on.
Confidence in open fields, balance, fitness

18. Top 3 favourite riders?
I just don't even know!

19: Is there anyone you'd say is a bad rider ? (don't give names)
 Not really. I think we're all trying to learn to be the best riders we can possibly be.

20: Are you better on the flat or over fences?
Defintely the flat at the moment.

21: How high do you think you've jumped?
3' loooooong time ago

22: How high do you think your horse would be capable of jumping?
Who knows! Definitely 3' - I'm not sure I'm brave enough to think about anything higher.

23: Opinion on tackless riding.
More power to you!

24: Have you ever lied or over-dramatized anything about your riding?
I'm sure. I'm probably overly critical of my own riding, but hey, you're always your own worst critic!

25: Do you think you're a good rider?
I think I'll get there one day soon!

26: Ever had barn drama?
Of course! Who hasn't? I just try and stay out of it ;)
 
27: Favorite things about the barn you're at?
Everything. The barn itself, the people, the wonderful care my horse gets, the trails, the schooling show facilities, the xc course. It's horsey paradise.

28: Will you show next year? If so in what?
I sure hope so! Dressage and combined training

29: Plans for your horse over the next year?
Increase fitness, become a solid trail horse, begin participating in clinics and small schooling shows

30: Would you share your tack with people?
Of course! Although it's pretty much ghetto central in my tack locker so I'm not sure anyone would want to borrow my tack.

31: Has a horse ever shattered your confidence?
YES.

32: Ever been scared to get on a horse?
Yes. More often than I care to admit.

33: Do you get nervous before shows?
Yes. Well I used to. I haven't been to a show in like 7 years, so who knows. Maybe I grew out of show nerves- hah!

34: Hunters or Jumpers?
Eventing!

35: Last time you fell off? What happened? Were you hurt?
Probably about a month ago. Kwik was coming back into work after an injury and 2 weeks of stall rest and was feeling VERY good. I couldn't stick his impressive display of rodeo bucking moves. Other than some nasty bruises, I wasn't hurt.

1 comment:

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)