Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Life After Rolex

It was so much fun following Rolex this past weekend! There were some great rides and some disappointments, but I guess that's why this sport is so exciting. It was back to the grind in the office yesterday, and I tried to be especially productive. My boss definitely caught me streaming some dressage rides at my desk on Friday- whoopsie!

Kwik had his first training ride with A on Friday, and she said he was really good! They did some flat work in the arena, focusing on a spiral in and out exercise. She also took him on a little trail ride and did some work with him in the field- mostly walking and a little trotting. She said he was very nervous, but he went wherever she asked. Not too shabby for his first time working in the field alone! 

Saturday threatened to pour rain all day long, and it rained all day on Sunday so I didn't make it out to see Kwikster until this afternoon. My plan was to longe, do a little bit of work in the arena, and go on a short trail ride. P was headed out on Annie and asked if I wanted to come along. Sure, what the heck! I warmed Kwik up in the arena while P tacked up, and he was great! We're still having some problems picking up the correct leads, but I think this will improve with more fitness, balance, and rhythm. I'm also riding much better now, and I can set him up for a better depart which will help too. I'm guessing we were out on the trails for about an hour, and Kwik was great! He was relaxed and attentive, and I'm doing a much better job of sitting deep in my seat and relaxing as well. It's amazing how good conversation calms my nerves! We're scheduled to go out again with J and Sierra on Sunday.  We'll just keep at it- hopefully we'll be trail rockstars by the end of the summer!

Last but certainly not least, don't forget to enter Hillary's awesome Rolex contest! I've been on a roll with these contests lately so watch out ;)



More from our Riding Ninja Photo Shoot





Skye and Kwik- happy horsey butts






2 comments:

  1. I can't get away with streaming at work... I feel weird enough checking so many blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)