Monday, May 6, 2013

Success Lives Here

Not too too much to report on around here. It's been raining cats and dogs day in and day out, so I've been squeezing in rides when I can. J and I went out on the trails yesterday during a brief moment of sunshine, and once again Kwik was great. We are both more relaxed each time we go out, and a mutual trust is forming. Plus, I'm starting to learn my way around the trails. We also got an offer from LV to tag along as a non-competing horse and rider on a trip up to a small dressage schooling show in June. I think this will be a great opportunity to introduce Kwik to the horse show environment, and I'm looking forward to cheering on the other gals and helping in any way I can!

Harpo the dog's bloodwork came back, and he does indeed have some form of immune-induced polyarthritis. Our wonderful new vet immediately put him on Prednisone and Doxycycline, and the improvement we've seen is truly miraculous! Harp is getting up and down with ease, walking all over the place, bright-eyed, and pain-free! What a relief!


My two little dudes- Harpo and Yoshi

I won't be riding much this week either because I'm headed up to Knoxville to watch my lil sis graduate from nursing school. She has worked so hard, and I'm very excited to share in her special day! Also exciting- she has an interview next week at Peidmont. It will be so much fun having her around for a few days, and if she gets the job, around all the time!!!! Cross your fingers for her (and me!) !

1 comment:

Katie and Kwik LOVE comments! :)